Young people helped Barack Obama win two presidential elections.
And now comes the reward: an Obama regime shakedown that will plunge them deeper into financial difficulty via the profoundly offensive and un-American targeting of their young lives to fund Obamacare. The following sentence summarizes this in plain English (emphasis added):
Radnofsky notes that the success of Obamacare’s exchanges hinges on persuading, if not forcing, healthier people to enroll, even though they will pay far more for insurance than they will consume in health care. <source>
(By the way John Roberts, since when does a “Tax” pre-meditatively seek to disadvantage a segment of tax payers based on the health of their physical bodies, in which the healthier you are, the more you are injured by the tax? Do you find that this is constitutional? What did they threaten you with to compel your vote?)
As if massive amounts of college education debt wasn’t enough of a crushing burden on America’s youth.
Liberals have tried to ease their conscience by telling themselves and us that forcing young healthy Americans to buy health insurance is for their own good, because it benefits them to have health insurance (or more of it) even if they don’t realize they need it. But Liberals cannot escape the logic of insurance: by definition, this cohort of Americans does not need health insurance in the amounts that they will be forced, by the federal government, to buy. This is why they are “needed”: by definition, they will under-utlize the health insurance they are being forced to pay for, allowing their premium payments to subsidize other segments of the population.
There is no escaping this fact about Obamacare: young people are being used, being railroaded by the iron fist of central government, because they are healthy.
And you thought it was only “the rich” who would be shaken down by Barack Hussein Obama.
Young people are famously passionate about people and causes but are also famously prone to feel disillusioned about their high ideals. So young people, I ask you:
- Does it bother you that mr. Obama didn’t close Guantanamo Bay, as he said he would?
- Does it bother you that mr. Obama extended the war in Afghanistan and then started a third war in Libya?
- Does it bother you that he promised to reform Wall Street firms who plunged the world into chaos and misery, but that instead he rewarded them (they never missed even one year’s bonus) and then failed to regulate them and in fact allowed them to become even more potentially toxic to society?
- Does it bother you that he used the IRS to target political opponents?
- Does it bother you that he is using the Justice Department to build prosecutions against reporters in the media (most notoriously against Rosen at Fox News) for doing nothing more than writing unflattering stories about the president, and that this resembles a totalitarian and repressive regime?
- Does it bother you that he is using the NSA to spy on you and your friends — and all Americans, and even citizens of allies all over the world — as you live your lives in apparent freedom?
Do any of these policy actions by Barack Obama meet your definitions of “populism” and “making government work for the people”, or do they instead meet your definitions of fascism and autocratic regime?
And does it bother you that Barack Obama has turned you all into the mules who will pull the Obamacare wagon by forcing you to buy insurance that you will not consume?
How does it feel, to be on your own, no direction home, by your own hands that pulled the lever twice for a man who, despite appearances and rhetoric, is dynamiting the roots of the oak trees of our freedom?