Human beings are nothing if not deranged. We repeat the mistakes of the past, often with a goofy grin, or self-satisfied sanctimonious grin, or with a look of complete ignorance and stupidity. Or in some cases, with malicious and sadistic intent.
This comes to mind as I read about the natural result of Barack Obama’s illegal immigrant amnesty campaign, which of course is a surge in border trespass, AKA invasion of the United States.
Contrary to the Obama administration’s claim the border has never been more secure, high-ranking Border Patrol officials in Texas are considering the need for a “tent city” because of a surge of illegal immigrants in the Rio Grande Valley.
The wave of illegal immigrants, many from Central America, appears to be an unintended consequence of the debate raging in Washington over an immigration bill. In interviews after being apprehended, immigrants say federal budget constraints and expected amnesty or legalization for those already living here make it a no-lose proposition. <source>
First of all, I disagree with the writer’s use of the phrase “unintended consequence of the debate raging in Washington…”. There is no question in my mind that the surge is an INTENDED consequence from Barack Obama’s point of view.
The fact is that when a nation offers a free lunch to those who would gladly feast on it, the proportion of takers to makers will increase very quickly. And who will pay for this influx? You and I and all of those who work for a living.
But also China, which is increasingly the lender of consequence as we continue to run up near-trillion dollar annual deficits. This provokes in my mind an interesting calculation:
- China views the USA as its chief rival for global supremacy (or perhaps chief obstacle for global communist destruction of free peoples everywhere) and is building its military, natural resource, and financial arsenal every day for the eventual showdown with our nation;
- The USA is increasingly insolvent ($17 trillion of debt in a $14 trillion economy) and in need of deficit financing from foreign nations;
- Yet the USA, as led by Barack Obama, is extending citizenship and free health care to 40 million people including 15 million illegal immigrants and counting;
- The influx of millions more illegals will accelerate the death spiral of unfunded Federal programs;
- And therefore it is a good investment on China’s part to lend money to the US Treasury long enough for the USA to further surrender its own sovereignty to Mexico and Central America
So the Chinese are smart like a fox, and we are dumb and waiting for slaughter like an ox.
And how about the illegals themselves?
Of course they are emboldened by their patron, Barack Hussein Obama:
Whereas people caught crossing illegally near the Mexican border once opted simply to be turned back, they now increasingly are invoking their right to a hearing, federal sources told Fox News. The reason is twofold: Budget cuts mean they are unlikely to be held pending their appearance, and they also think establishing a paper trail of their presence in the U.S. will help when the debate in Washington ends.
Border Patrol sources told Fox News the newest illegal immigrants have nothing to fear from being caught.
“With the knowledge of immigration reform, you will — and are — seeing a huge flow of illegals hitting the Southern border looking to stay caught,” a Border Patrol source told Fox News.
Looking to stay caught, because being an illegal immigrant IN CUSTODY of U.S. law enforcement is becoming a sweetheart deal, full of rights and privileges.
The death of a nation, for sure, and with malice, by Barack Obama.