The state of America, and the state of the world, is in a violent, bloody shambles.
Whatever each of us feels about the intentions, or politics, or policies, or grand designs, of Barack Obama, the results are in as he approaches the end of his two terms in office.
These days we hardly need paragraphs to characterize those results. Instead, a mere cut-and-paste of some headlines from today and the recent past will do just fine.
- “Report: Virtually Every Remaining ObamaCare Exchange Is On The Verge Of Total Collapse” <link>
- “Baton Rouge: Three US police officers shot dead” <link>
- “Sheriff Clarke: Obama is the most anti-cop president” <link>
- “Nice attack: At least 84 dead as truck rams into Bastille Day crowd in terrorist assault in French Riviera city” <link>
- “Dallas Police ‘Ambush’: 12 Officers Shot, 5 Killed During Protest” <link>
“Dallas Sniper Suspect ‘Wanted to Kill White People,’ Police Chief Says After 5 Officers Are Gunned Down” <link>
- “$20 trillion man: National debt nearly doubles during Obama presidency” <link>
- “Iran conducts 4th missile test since signing nuke deal” <link>
- “Record 94,031,000 Americans Not in Labor Force” <link>
- “US Military in Deep Decline as Threats Rise” <link>
- “Group of 7 seeks way forward for aging, faltering economies” <link>
- “Global central banks are running ‘out of ammo'” <link>
There are so many more available, of course, and all point towards the same colossal failures in nearly every area of our lives, at home and abroad.
On top of this partial list is the sustained weakening of our government institutions, including the State Department, which Hillary Clinton apparently used to curry favor with foreigners in exchange for cash donations to the Clinton Global Initiative, and the IRS, which the Obama administration used to harass political opponents, and other branches of government such as ICE, DHS, etc, which have been hamstrung or undermined.
Finally, there is the mockery by the Obama administration of the Rule of Law. A few years ago there was the Attorney General stonewalling Congress (successfully, as it turns out, despite being held in Contempt by Congress), and more recently there was his successor meeting with Bill Clinton just prior to the Hillary Clinton non-indictment, a sequence of events that even many Liberals see as the death knell of whatever shred of integrity our federal government had left under this president.
In summary, we are now living through the terrible results of bad and even destructive policies, yet also seeing our sacred institutions torn asunder, and the Rule of Law itself torn asunder.
The sad thing is that these things were all very easy to predict back in 2008, and again in 2012, and many people did make such predictions. And yet here we are.